Teen Treks’ Bike Touring Education Series is our way of keeping an active and connective bicycle touring community and introduce young cyclists into the world of touring!
We’re gathering bike touring experts, past leaders, past trekkers and other inspiring bike travelers into brief, interactive live events to learn more about gear, packing, touring logistics, experiences and the adventures found in bike traveling.
On this page, you can find links to join upcoming Zoom events and check out past webinars in the series. We look forward to having you join the conversation!
- June 7, 2022 @ 7PM EST- Traveling with a Bicycle
- Join on Zoom
Is it better to mail or fly with your bike? Which airlines and bus lines have the most affordable options for traveling with a bicycle? What is the best container to use to transport your bicycle in? Suggestions on how to protect your bicycle while in transit- All this will be discussed during this info session on traveling with a bicycle for a Teen Treks trips. If you have questions about your specific trip and how transportation of bicycle to and from the trip will work, join us for an informative session on traveling with a bike!
- Maine Coast Trek The beautiful harbors, small towns, and winding back roads along the coastline from Boston, MA to Bar Harbor, ME make this biking and camping adventure unforgettable. From just north of Boston, we’ll cycle through historic coastal cities, then head to New Hampshire for fun at beautiful beaches, resort towns, and state parks.
- Trip Feature: Cape Cod Trek Our Cape Cod biking adventure takes trekkers out of Boston on a ferry to Provincetown, where they bike down Cape Cod, ferry over to Martha’s Vineyard, and return back to Boston by way of Plymouth Rock. This short and sweet 10-day trip is popular every summer as it presents many ideal summer activities like enjoying beach fun, island camping, visiting touristy coastal towns and plenty of stops for ice cream along the route. Find out more during our Cape Cod Trip Feature.
- Storytime- Find out how a Teen Treks trip changed the life and inspired a career for former Across America trekker.
- Trip Feature: Amsterdam- Paris Trek– If you’ve never been to Europe, this 16-
day trip will give you an amazing introduction. If you’re an old hand at international travel, it’s a rich, exciting tour of great sites in three bike- friendly countries including the Netherlands, Belgium and France.
- Trip Feature: New York-Montreal –This 16-day adventure is full of diverse scenic views and experiences between New York City and Montreal. Ride up through the Hudson Valley, taking dips in lakes and rivers and stopping off in picturesque small towns and New York’s capital, Albany, then cycle along the Adirondacks up to Lake George for boating, swimming, and time on the beach. A ferry will take you across the lake to Vermont, where you’ll check out Burlington and then travel back into New York State for more swimming at Lake Champlain, on the Canadian border, then cross into Quebec. There you will have three days to explore the lively, cosmopolitan city of Montreal! Find out more about this trip during our New York- Montreal Trek Trip Feature!
- Food & Packing Advice for Teen Treks Trips- Helpful advice from Teen Treks staff on how to pack light and efficiently for Teen Treks trips, including gear purchase suggestions, as well as insight what trekking groups do for meals while biking from one destination to the next!
- Trip Feature: California Coast Trek
- Trip Feature: Long Distance Treks- 1,000 Mile and Across America
- Trip Feature: New England Shore Trek
- Trip Feature: Maine Coast Trek
- Trekker Takeaways- Hear all about a Teen Treks bike tour from the lens of a former trekker! These trips are all about trekkers having an incredible adventure, so in this Q&A we’ll be asking a past trekker all about their experience- the challenges they faced, skills gained, unexpected surprises, friendships formed, memories that have remained.
- Daily Life of a Teen Treks’ Bike Trip Leader w/ Ben Ingalls – 2019 Trip Leader, Ben Ingalls shares his experience leading Maine Coast and NY-Montreal trek, offering insight into the day-to-day life of a Teen Treks’ Bike Trip Leader. If you’re interested in leading for Teen Treks, this conversation will provide a sneak-peek into the daily life of a Trip Leader!
- Up Close w/ Bicycle Touring Pro –In a Q&A w/ the Bicycle Touring Pro, Darren Alff, we ask Darren all about his favorite bicycle travel locations, top experiences while traveling and favorite gear on the road. Tune in to hear from YouTube extraordinaire, the Bicycle Touring Pro.
- ‘A Day in the Life’ of Bike Touring w/ Katie Hennessey- Katie talks about the day-to-day life on a Teen Treks bike tour: Miles biked per day, food and cooking logistics, sleeping accommodations, and more!
- Bike Touring Gear w/ Tyler Madell – Tyler talks about recommended bikes for touring, essential equipment needed for a tour, and how to pack panniers efficiently.